Fort Worth, Texas Real Estate - Demographics
According to the 2010 census, the racial composition of Fort Worth was:
- White: 61.1% (non-Hispanic Whites: 41.7%)
- Black or African American: 18.9%
- Native American: 0.6%
- Asian: 3.7% (1.0% Vietnamese, 0.6% Indian, 0.4% Laotian, 0.3% Filipino, 0.3% Korean, 0.3% Chinese, 0.1% Pakistani, 0.1% Burmese, 0.1% Cambodian, 0.1% Nepalese, 0.1% Thai, 0.1% Japanese)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.1%
- Two or more races: 3.1%
- Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 34.1% (29.6% Mexican, 1.3% Salvadoran, 0.8% Puerto Rican, 0.6% Honduran, 0.4% Guatemalan, 0.2% Cuban)
In 1970, the Census Bureau reported Fort Worth's population as 72% non-Hispanic White, 19.9% Black, and 7.9% Hispanic.
Of the 195,078 households, 34.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.8% were married couples living together, 14.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.6% were not families; 9,599 were unmarried partner households: 8,202 heterosexual, 676 same-sex male, and 721 same-sex female households. About 28.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.67 and the average family size was 3.33.
In the city, the population was distributed as 28.3% under the age of 18, 11.3% from 18 to 24, 32.7% from 25 to 44, 18.2% from 45 to 64, and 9.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females, there were 97.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.5 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $37,074, and for a family was $42,939. Males had a median income of $31,663 versus $25,917 for females. The per capita income for the city was $18,800. About 12.7% of families and 15.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 21.4% of those under age 18 and 11.7% of those age 65 or over.
Fort Worth, Texas - Education
Most of Fort Worth is served by the Fort Worth Independent School District.
Other school districts that serve portions of Fort Worth include:
- Arlington Independent School District (wastewater plant only)
- Azle Independent School District
- Birdville Independent School District
- Burleson Independent School District
- Castleberry Independent School District
- Crowley Independent School District
- Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District
- Everman Independent School District
- Hurst-Euless-Bedford Independent School District
- Keller Independent School District
- Kennedale Independent School District
- Lake Worth Independent School District
- Mansfield Independent School District (residential)
- Northwest Independent School District
- White Settlement Independent School District
Pinnacle Academy of the Arts (K-12) is a state charter school, as is Crosstimbers Academy.
Properties marked by the NTREIS Logo are courtesy of the NTREIS Multiple Listing Service. Property listing data provided by NTREIS multiple listing service. You may not reproduce or redistribute this data, it is for viewing purposes only. This data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS or NTREIS.
Updated: 19th February, 2019 5:41 PM.